At the Retina Center of Pensacola, we provide complete services for diagnosing retinal conditions as well as other eye conditions. Below are some common items most new patients will need to know:
- Most of the treatments needed for retinal conditions are available within our office.
- If possible, all evaluation and testing will be completed on your initial visit. In some cases, treatment will begin during this consultation.
- Patients should be aware that the initial comprehensive evaluation, with or without treatment, takes anywhere from one to two hours.
- New patients need to provide a thorough medical history, including all medications. The documents can be found in the Documents menu above.
- A vision test and measurement of the intraocular pressure will be performed, followed by dilation of the eyes.
- After a wait to allow adequate dilation of the pupils you will be examined by Dr. Rifai.
- It may be possible that further testing will be performed and interpreted during the same visit.
- Sunglasses may be helpful in reducing discomfort from sunlight, and are available at the front desk when you leave.
Please contact our office at 850-607-6841 or 1-855-9RETINA to setup an appointment and for more information on what documents you should bring with you.